Students go to class to both socialize and learn. CourseFeed combines actual learning content from leading learning management systems with the leading social network - Facebook. CourseFeed introduces learning content into the already thriving social network making time on Facebook productive. Students love CourseFeed because they get instantly informed of all new course work via email alerts and a news feed. CourseFeed not only closes the communication gap between students and instructors, it makes learning social by providing classmates a way to connect, interact, and collaborate.
CourseFeed is therefore a “mash-up” between online school content and Facebook. CourseFeed’s seamless integration with a school’s LMS ensures classmates displayed in a CourseFeed course are the same students enrolled in corresponding LMS course. Users see names and photos of their classmates and are given tools to interact – making online course work social and collaborative. CourseFeed’s alerts let students know when a change is made in the LMS course and provide single-click access to course content (no more hunting around). Below is a list of CourseFeed features:
- Automated setup of courses in less than a minute
- Network and see everyone in your course – guaranteed accurate course roster
- Course Wall
- File storage for course notes, etc.
- Profile display to let friends know when you're in class
- View all online course materials without leaving Facebook
- Course feed shows when instructors posts announcements, files, etc. to your course
- View all announcements, new or old, in the announcements area
- One-click access into your school's online content system and auto-navigation that takes you right to the item
CourseFeed makes online learning social. Students go to class for all kinds of reasons – to hang out with friends, to get a degree, and to learn – probably in that order. As more and more instruction goes online the “real” classroom experience is left behind. We at CourseFeed believe the best learning experiences require that groups of students be involved, engaged, and interested. The so-called online learning management systems of today are sterile data repositories that manage data transfer, not learning.
CourseFeed recognizes the role social interaction plays in learning and lets schools extend the classroom experience into the social networks students already thrive in. CourseFeed makes the online learning management system social, interesting, and engaging by pairing learning content with social connections – how classrooms really work.
CourseFeed Facebook App