The mobile space is evolving at an astonishing rate. At present there are over 3.5 billion mobile subscribers worldwide and with continued advances in devices, services and billing models, the mobile web looks set to inspire a new age of anytime, anywhere information access. The inherent characteristics of mobile phones enable new types of interactions, e.g. mobile phones are personal to the individual, they are always on and always connected. And as such we are seeing a shift towards mobile devices for social mediated tasks.
The world is also witnessing an explosion in social web services. Online social networking sites such as Facebook and MySpace continue to experience huge increases in usage, with more and more users seeking novel ways of interacting with their friends and family.
In this workshop we are interested in the combination of these two exciting research spaces: the social web and the mobile space. We believe that the social mobile web is going to be a highly influential research area in the near future. As such this workshop will investigate the current state of the social mobile web.
Topics of interest to this workshop include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Novel social interactions on mobile devices
- Social mobile content sharing and distribution services
- Context aware mobile services - beyond location based services
- Social mobile search and social mobile browsing
- User evaluations of social mobile services
- Mobile user interfaces that incorporate social elements
- Mobility and social networks
- Models of mobile social behavior and mobile traces
- Urban gaming, mobile mixed reality, etc.
- Innovative social mobile applications
This workshop is targeted towards researchers working within the mobile web and social web spaces.The deadline for papers is May 11th 2009 / Full details on paper submission are available.